Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Cici and Nini!

Happy 5 my little ladies!

The girls are five today! My Nini was so shocked by her presents, she stopped what she was doing (unwrapping), came over and gave me a hug and said, "Thank you Mom!" Truly I was thrown off by this, because, although she is sweet and loving - rarely do I get this kind of affection. So at least now I know I can buy their affection!!!!

We let the girls open one of their gifts on Saturday night, which for Nini was a Cars "McQueen" car, and for Elise a barbie Cinderella with a horse. That night when I went to give her a kiss, I was teasing her about how they are turning five and are going to be too grown-up for mommy. She said,"But mommy, I'll always be your sweat heart!" ahhhhh! Melt a mommy's heart. Later during our conversation she said, "I almost cried when I opened my gift, I just love it so much!" Anyway, I guess we picked the "right" birthday gifts this year!

This morning we had our treatment and then headed back to the Acorn Cottage to have the rest of their birthday, cake, presents, and then headed home. So, now almost 9:00 p.m., I have 40 cupcakes that I have to go frost. Yikes! They get to have cupcakes in their class tomorrow.

Do you have a month jam packed with family birthdays?
What did you do this weekend?
What are you doing for the first day of October? Are you Halloween decorations out?

Thank you for all your well wishes and for your sweet comments to Craig!

19 comments:

jenny said...

Wow that is quite a weekend of birthdays!! Our birthday alley is in June and July.

I hope that Craig and the girls had a wonderful birthday. Good luck with the cupcakes--40 is A LOT!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girls! They are sooo lucky to have you for their mom.
And we have a lot of bdays in January and June for some reason (Jan are my two oldest and June it's Josh's, his dads- on the same day- my mom's and always father's day that week to...I go INSANE that one week in June).
I have these cute crocheted pumpkins out for decor (wink, wink) ;)

Lauralee said...

happy birthday girls..their comments are so cute.. what cute little girls.
may is our bday month.. I dont' have any halloween decorations out.. I try to wait until October..
what am I doing? trying to get a huge vinyl order out..

SHERI said...

Our whole summer is jammed with birthdays- glad we are done! Your girls are beautiful- Happy birthday to them and Craig!

donna said...

Happy b-day girls :)

Mandy said...

Happy birthday to Craig, Cici, and Nini. Good grief, I have missed a lot on your blog. I hope things go well for you. You are in my thoughts. :)

Nicole said...

Happy B-Day Everyone!! Your girls are getting so big! I can hardly believe it. ;0)

Amanda :-) said...

Oh, happy birthday girls!! It's very telling how childen react to presents sometimes, and it's clear your girls are just treasures.

I know what you mean about them getting to grown-up at five. But that fear makes the bursts of affection catch your breath even more. Erin insisted on eating her dinner in another room tonight, so I let her (thinking 'what a stroppy madam'), but she eventually burst into the room and announced: 'Mummy, I just wanted to say thank you for making this dinner. I love it, and I'm eating it all up'. !!!! What treasures they are!

Love that you celebrated in Acorn Cottage. I'm sure you'll make that place so snuggy over the winter!

Claudissima said...

wow...what a nice photo of your girls...how exciting. I am getting ready to send my parents anniversary letter in the mail today...tomorrow it is....wow....and they are in Paraguay...I don't think the felicitation will make it in time....then another birthday and that is it for the month...I should decorate...my huband picked a sing...the witch is in...and he laughed...should I buy it...referring to moi? when he saw my face, he said the witch is out...as he was putting the board out of the cart...I thought that was funny

Rachel Bagley Wurtz said...

Such tender moments! Kids can be so surprising! I love how one of the girls wanted something Barbie, and one Cars! SO individual!

A very cool picture of the girls!

July is our month! 3 in our home (plus a ton of extended family).

Today was our day to pull out Halloween decor! So FUN!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to all your lovelies.
Thanks for my sweet good mail.!

Rochelleht said...

How sweet that they were so grateful! Those are the moments that make everything worth it!!

Heffalump said...

I hope they had a great birthday! Time flies doesn't it?

michelle said...

The picture of the girls is darling! I can't figure out how I missee this post! Happy Birthday Girls! :)

Kelly said...

I think your sweet girls' thankful comments to you are a sign of what a great job you are doing as their mom (well, and dad, too!). Happy birthday to them and Craig (busy week!).

crystal said...

Oh, buying your kids' affection is the way to go; I totally applaud that ;) hee hee

GREAT photo!!!!

Chrissy, said...

That is a priceless picture. I'm so glad it went well. Your all so lucky to have each other!

Jill said...

That's a great photo, very cool. I'm glad the girls loved their gifts and even had spontaneous outbursts of affection (those are the best).

March is my family's crazy birthday month, so this part of the year is calm. We have 2 this month and then none until the end of December.

Natasha said...

Awesome pic!