My mind has been stuck on creating some cute leg warmers for my daughter to wear to ballet. I made some crochet leg warmers last spring, but they take way, way too long to create! While purusing our local dollar mecca store in Montreal, a crazy idea came over me and I just had to see if they would work.
Take a pair of knee high socks in your child's size and turn them into Leg Warmers.
1. With a pair of sharp scissors, start your cut at the top of the heel. Cutting it into a nice smooth angle and cutting out a majority of the heel and turn to cut the toe part of the sock off.
2. Turn the sock inside out and sew from the top of the sock to the bottom of the sock, making sure to stitch together your previous cut.
3. Make a 1/2 inch hem at the bottom of the sock to ensure the cuts won't fray.
4. Sew your decorations onto the sock. I used Barb's felt buttons she sent me last year and then sewed a button over the top.
1. 1 pair of socks - knee high length
3. Sewing Machine with matching thread.
One very happy...and warm ballerina!
Email me if you have any questions!
Would you wear leg warmers as an adult?
Did you as a child?
Would you make these?