Tuesday, October 14, 2014

 I cringe at how many days have gone by since my last post.  I have had many thoughts about wanting to shut down my blog, yet when I go to do it - I can't.  Today, I realized that maybe it's because I need to keep writing, to keep talking about life and motherhood with those people that want to listen and share with me.  Being a mom is hard, it's not easy.  Whether you are a working mom, single mom, or a stay at home mom, it's hard.  I find it incredibly inspiring to share in my journey into motherhood with other mothers.  It's a beautiful thing to be a mom.  


My children are varying ages with so many different problems and places that they struggle.  To stretch myself in so many different areas, has made me work really hard to be their for them when they need me.  When I was a little girl, I remember my mom was physically always their when I got home.  She tried to be their for me, to talk to me, yet I know that she struggled just to get out of bed and be happy. I wish I could have helped her find herself, find how grateful I was that she was at least their.  Maybe if she had a bigger support group to help her, maybe then, she would have found her smile more often.  I cry just thinking about her and how lonely she must have been in her struggles.


I am thankful that there is my Heavenly Father who loves me, who reminds me of the woman I can be.  To know that he has given me specific gifts, and has specific things he wants me to do here on earth brings me great purpose.  I know I am a Daugther of God, who loves me!  Remembering this is a daily challenge we all face.  It's a good thing to share about motherhood - good things are meant to be shared!  

sis and bro on the slide!

Until next time....!!


5 comments:

donna said...

Michelle~ I was so happy to see that you updated your blog.. Please Don't shut it down. I love reading about your family and life.. NONE of us have a perfect life, and it's comforting to know that we have other friends out in the blog world that are there for each other. I have learned so much from you over the years......

Michelle Alley said...

Donna! Thank you soooo much for your kind words. It has been fun to think about writing again! Thanks for making my day!!!

Lene said...

Please, please, please don't shut it down. I know we have a connection on Facebook, but I think our blogs are a more intimate (and maybe accurate) look at our life's struggles and triumphs!

Michelle Alley said...

Lene- I totally agree! I struggle with time but miss the effort and detail I used to put into this family and personal writing space!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle, just ran across your blog. It is hard to remember a mom who struggled without knowing how much God loves her. I am so grateful to know the Lord as Heavenly Father. Thankful to be a mom and praying for my kids to know Him:)