Friday, October 5, 2007

Six dollars and a day in pictures! Oh, and Dancing Eggs!

This picture I took, right after I glanced myself in the car mirror. The ho hum face is for the benefit of my hair, which is turning blond again. I plan on trying to keep the darker/more natural looks, but I just colored my hair, so I'll have to wait until the end of this month to try it again.

It's amazing what you'll find when you set your mind to read the scriptures. I opened it up today while waiting for a store to open, and found six whole american dollars, and my daughter's health card! This must be an omen for me to open them up more than once a week! We are off to Acorn Cottage tonight. It's thanksgiving time here in Canada, and although I won't be celebrating thanksgiving until November, we still have a three day weekend!

I won't be posting until Monday or Tuesday of next week, so I wanted to leave you with a nice big post! I've succeeded on getting our top floor organized, with toys, clothes and misc. all weeded out and ready for donation. My basement and TV room are another story, but it's an organized mess! I should have this finished next week and then I'm on to getting our food storage and emergency winter preparedness going. It snows a lot here in Montreal, and I would hate to be left without power and not the emergency items to use. A couple of years ago, the power was out to most of the city for almost a week! Yikes!

Yesterday in pictures:



I finally sat down and played the piano today! I usually pick a piece that I don't know very well and leave it on piano. Every spare moment I dedicate to the piano, I'll practice that song and than pull out a few that I know well. It's my favorite thing in th world to do - it's my peace!




I completed my organization of the top floor, including the girl's very small closets. Old houses are never equipped with those nice big walk-in closets! It's fun having their rooms uncluttered, it may make cleaning them easier for all of us!



Craig had church meetings tonight, but was able to take the girls out for a bike ride while I walked down that same street to get some diet coke and bottled water for dinner. We had Ikea swedish meetballs-try them they are really good!




While Craig was at his meeting, the girls and I played the silliest game called "Dancing Eggs"! This game is hilarious! Sassy gave it to them for their birthday along with a couple other games from this same german company. I think she got them off QVC. Anyway the object of the game is to collect the eggs and the person with the most eggs wins. The catch is, when you get an egg, you roll the white dice and it tells you where you're supposed to hold the egg. For instance, below your chin, between your legs, on your arm.


The red dice has activities you do with the eggs. For instance, one side of the dice has a picture of table, if it's rolled, you're supposed to run around the table, keeping your eggs in place. If you drop an egg, it has to go back in the egg carton. Really, it's hilarious and I think would be a fun game for adults to play too! Here's the website of you're interested in researching the game. Click here! Also check QVC, it's probably easier to order their.


Do you have any silly games you play with your kids?
What hobby do you miss doing?


Happy Birthday Bro!
Happy Birthday Donna!
Happy Thanksgiving to Marie and Barb!

16 comments:

Mandy said...

I SO enjoy an organized space. I function better with it. My craft room is currently in a state of chaos and it's making me nuts! That is what I will be working on all weekend. :)

that egg game sounds so fun. I may have to purchase it.

carlo said...

i love that you practice the piano and it is your peace

have fun with organizing- no tips for you there. i stink at organizing.

acorn cottage- what a charming ring to it. i love that you are getting away. have a wonderful timE!

jenny said...

Crazy to think it's Thanksgiving up there. We have a three day weekend as well.

We normally play Uno Attack with our kids or dominoes. I have never heard of the dancing egg--sounds cute.

Have a fun weekend in the cottage! And good for you cracking open those scriptures.

Lauralee said...

awesome that you are learning new pieces on the piano..and taking time to play!

fun to go to the cottage.. that just sounds so quaint!

awesome game.. I am going to look for it!

Chrissy, said...

Thanks for the big post! Teh egg game sounds fun. My girs like to make die. Maybe they could make the game if I got out some plastic easter eggs form my easter box for them. My Mom from Canada so we always have two Thanksgivings one in October and one in November. Have a great weekend!

donna said...

Love you big post ")
That is great that you are leaning new songs. I really wish i could play. I think i will try to take lessons.
Have a great time at the cottage:)

Oh thanks for the b-day "shout -out"

Andrea said...

I miss crocheting, playing computer games, and sewing. But I wouldn't trade my baby's giggles and grins for them. :)

That game sounds like a LOT of fun!

By the way, I found you on the Keisers' blogroll and decided to pop by for a visit. Hi!

Marie said...

That game sounds like a riot. I can totally see our family getting into it.

Have a great time at Acorn Cottage, and thanks for the Thanksgiving greeting!

Amanda :-) said...

I noticed it was Canadian Thanksgiving tonight as I wrote some dates in my Filofax. And then realised it was Columbus day on the same Monday. So I thought, 'Right, that means all the bloggers will be slacking in their posting!' Not so with you, of course! Thanks for the "I wanted to leave you with a nice big post." You're such a mum!

That game looks hilarious, and really good for Easter.

Hope you have a great time at Acorn Cottage!

sista # 2 said...

Have a wonderful time! ciao

Kelly said...

That game looks like so much fun! I can just hear the giggles.

Melinda said...

YOur music looks hard! GOod for you. That is pretty great about finding things in your scriptures. I need to open mine more often also.

I have been spending the last few weeks cleaning out closets in the house. It makes me feel sooo much better.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Holly said...

Good for you for playing the piano in every spare moment--that's such a special talent--and glad it gives you joy and peace.

Congrats on your projects. Pat yourself on the back for getting those things done--I bet it feels great.

I'm going to check out the Dancing Egg game--that's just too hilarious to pass up!!

Enjoy your long weekend!

carlo said...

hope acorn cottage has been a wonderful getaway.

SHERI said...

That looks like a fun, silly game. Right now it is Candyland or hide and seek for me.

I miss playing tennis- I really should start again

Barb said...

That egg game looks like a blast!