Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas crafts and delectable soap.


I have been busy doing a lot of sewing - a lot! I have some fun stuff to share with you today! I just finished these pillows. Seriously, it only took about 15 minutes on each pillow - plus about 10 more for the flower on the front. What do you think? If you would like the link to where I found the flower button tutorial click HERE.



I am 90% finished with this advent calendar that I found on Mique's 30 days of Christmas. She collects craft links for everyone - she's done the work for us! The only thing I have left to do on these is to find someway of numbering the pouches. I am in search for some numbered charms to hang down from the button - instead of doing more cuttin! In ideas as to where I can find something like this?



I spent most of today doing a last minute job on my Pink Christmas gift. I really should be "Last minute Michelle", but at least it's almost finished. I can't mail anything until this weekend anyway when I'm in the states! I'm almost there Kristi!





Now, for something I've been wanting to share with you! Check out this soap! Isn't so----delectable! Wow, I found this at Covent Gardens in London. I've never seen anything quite like this - what do you think? Do you have a soap link that is similar to this? I couldn't find her online - I think she's just at her stand at Covent Gardens. The flavors are Rose Geranium, Lavender, Orange Marigold Soap, and Peppermint. This picture is for everyone - but I just had to show this to my sister, she makes really great smelling soap and this would be so fun for her to make.

Craig has been working non-stop this week - last night up until 3 a.m. in the morning in our home office and tonight he is at it again. Lots of stuff coming down- too bad it's in December though. The girls and I walked to the train tonight and rode it to Gare Central, to the underground shopping malls here and met Craig for dinner. It was a lot of fun, but very frustrating trying to get the girls out the door, and once out the door - to continuously stop them from playing the snow, because the were sans snow pants. The walk to the train is really short - I didn't want them to be so hot inside than cold. Anyway, Nini ended up getting a whole bank of snow into her boots - we had to buy a new pair of tights at the mall so she didn't catch a cold. Forgot the camera - I'll shoot some pictures next time!

Does anyone else make their own soap?
Have you started an Etsy shop?
Is it hard to start?
Easier than Ebay?

16 comments:

Maddy said...

O.k. it's official = you are the most productive and creative creature on the planet.

I have [in the past] made candles and soap. There days I just don't have the time [they look lovely by the way especially the one with Lavendar]

Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Those crafts are SO cute! I love them.

Elizabeth said...

That soap is beautiful. And so is your snow!

Mandy said...

Your projects are great. You really are very creative!

Love the soap. It's very pretty!

crystal said...

Christmas Toile! How delightful!!!

You should start an etsy shoppe, seriously. I am soooo jealous of your advent calendar!

Lauralee said...

love the pillow!
oes anyone else make their own soap?no.. but it is beautiful!
Have you started an Etsy shop?no...
Is it hard to start? let me know! :)
Easier than Ebay?

Scribbit said...

You ought to stick this in the Winter Bazaar--good ideas like this need to get shared, right? You're so darn crafty!

Kelly said...

Your pillows are wonderful! I love that red trim.

That soap is too pretty to use! I bet it smells great.

I don't have an Etsy shop or know anything about starting one, but I'm sure you would do well with one -- you're so talented!

carlo said...

oh my goodness are those pillows great! and the advent calendar?

you tell me when you get your etsy shop up and running! :) you should start now on advent calendars for next year...

Christy said...

If I had realized how easy it is to set up and use an etsy shop, I would have done it a long time ago!

Those pillows and all your other crafty stuff would do great on there!

Kerith Collins said...

you are very crafty...i wish i was that crafty...i have read about the blogoshpere that it is as simple as pie to start an etsy shop...yet another thing i want to start...but i love the soap...i bet they are easy to make too...especially for you miss crafty

Laura said...

Your crafts look great. Very inspiring. I love the soap you found. Looks pretty easy to duplicate. I've made soap once..pretty easy. I love reading about all the stuff you make.

Chocolate on my Cranium said...

The pillows are adorable! I'd like to make my own soap but haven't gotten up the nerve to try yet.

Melinda said...

Those pillows are to die for!! You are soo crafty!

I love those soaps. How heavenly. I am not crafty so I have never tried to make anything like that.

Natasha said...

You NEED to put your goods on etsy. Those hats!!!
The soaps are beautiful!

Claudissima said...

seriously i am drooling over that soap and packaging..wow....amazing soooo pretty who would want to use it? those kind of finds are the ones that warm my heart... I love covenant gardens....