Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Nini.


This amazing girl took on the local state college basketball summer youth camp as the smallest and youngest attending. They assured me that there would be kids her age their, but there wasn't. Instead of getting upset and frustrated she took on this week long all day camp like a star. At the end of the camp, as a "sorry it's been tough" reward, I asked her if there was anything she would like to do for fun; she replied, can we go and shoot some hoops?! I thought for sure she would of had enough. Nini has grown not only in size, but maturity. She has a beautiful outlook on life, is happy, and driven. There was many a day in her younger days when I wasn't sure this was going to be the case. Now, here I am starting to tear! I love this girl!

5 comments:

Natasha said...

What a girl! I know you must be proud.

donna said...

way to go Nini...

Mikki said...

She's awesome!!

Oh my gosh Michelle. I'm just trying to catch up. I can't believe it's been that long since I've been by for a visit. Your little guys are going on 9 months already?? Where on earth does the time go? They're so cute!

I love your header. What a great little snapshot into your life. You're such an awesome mom. :)

Marie said...

What a girl. I like to see kids develop an inner drive. Excellent.

Nicole said...

The picture says it all. I know a young girl near me with the same winning attitude. The photo shows her growth and she is growing up. Wow, can't believe she's the same little girl I used to see playing while Austin took his lessons. Time flies...