Monday, August 6, 2007

Old Town to Vermont to Sharron to Spiders to Goodbye.

Before we left for Vermont this weekend we stopped in old town Montreal to walk around a bit. While in the main square, we watched this man above climb a ladder of nails and shoot fire from his mouth! Quite the entertainment and I love the back drop of the photo.


We took my parents down to our favorite cabin spot in Vermont. On the way down we took in Burlington, VT. It's a lot like Portland, OR of the east - very hippie/free spirited area. The town sits on Lake Champlain and we headed to the waterfront for some photos. The town was really crowded, so we opted for Chili's outside of town for lunch.



We also stopped in at the Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory in Stowe, VT. My parents were excited to take a picture by the ben and jerry bus! We opted to stay away from the tour, but purchased some ice cream to have at the cabin.


When we arrived at the cabins the weather was 90 degrees with high humidity (rare for VT) Although, I don't think they much appreciated the 90 degree weather w/ no air conditioning experience. When we asked the owners for another fan, he drove down to our cabin and pulled out of the back of his car an air conditoner! My parents were so happy and I was happy, because I didn't have to hear them complain!


On our weekend trip, we visited Sharron, VT - home of the birthplace of Joseph Smith. We werne't sure what to expect since his home wasn't still standing and they had not rebuilt it. We were pleasantly surprised to find a goregeous setting, with a monument, and visitors center. The monument was actually decdicated in 1905, and all pieces together equalled 100 tons! We were greeted by the missionary couple in the visitors center and sat down to watch the film Joseph Smith. I was persuaded to go to the film because I didn't think the girls could sit through it; however, they did a great job and the movie was unbelievably good. If you haven't seen it, check it out.


Yesterday about mid day, I ran my fingers through my hair and found a large bump on the back of my head toward the ear. Today it is swollen and very sore all the way to my neck. We think it's a spider bite, yikes, not fun. Hopefully it will get better soon.

This is right before my mom and dad left. I took a picture for the girls to remember them and remember their visit. Here are a few things I'm going to miss!

1. My dad and Craig talking till midnight about politics.
2. My mom's great ability to hear me ramble for hours and not look bored.
3. Watching them relax, they didn't do much of it when I was a kid.
4. Watching So You Think You Can Dance with my mom.
5. A few moments to myself - free babysitters.
6. Seeing my girls skip with their granddad!
7. Having family close.

What did you do this weekend?
Any planned escapes coming soon?

9 comments:

Lauralee said...

oh what a time! I am glad they brought an a/c.. glad you got to spend some good time with your parents, and show them all around!
I love having my parents come to visit!
this weekend we went to my parents.. my nephew was baptized it was a fun time!

sista # 2 said...

Sounds like a lovely time! Especially when you got the air conditioner!heehee
Pix are great -would love to visit.
I love #2 about you & your mom.cute

donna said...

Oh what a great trip. That is wonderful that you were able to spend all that time with your parents. I bet you girls love it.

I like your list of things you are going to miss. My father and hubby love to have talks about politics as well.

Melinda said...

Looks like you had a great trip. I would love to go and see the birth place of Joseph Smith. How awesome is that that you got to go? I am hoping my parents go with us on our trip to Dland this fall. What a great memory for your girls.

jenny said...

How cool to be able to go to so many sights. I especially would love that Ben and Jerry's stop. I found it so interesting watching a thing about those two men on discovery once.

SYTYCD is starting to sell tickets on Saturday for their tour. So excited. You will have to see if they are coming near you!

michelle said...

It looks like it was a wonderful time! I would have loved to have toured Ben, and Jerry's, YUM! I think it is great that you where able to spend this time with your parents.

Heffalump said...

Sounds like a fun time!
I spent part of the weekend in Vancouver at my parents' house while D stayed home with the boys. We had a girls night and sewed some of the placemant handbags Scribbit featured on her blog.

Rochelleht said...

Fun, fun! I've never been to that site, but that movie is incredible. So glad your girls made it through.

Amanda :-) said...

Eeek! Spider bite? I hope that lump clears up soon. What a nuisance after such a great trip!

We celebrated Paul's birthday this weekend just gone, and next weekend the football season starts again, so P may take Erin to the first home game of our local team - the Robins!!