Thursday, August 2, 2007

Window Shopping.


Do you like to window shop? I just love walking down a quaint street and browsing the shop windows. I've been drawn into shops through their store windows, to find inside nothing of interest. I just love this type of advertising. We went down to old town Montreal last night to show my mum and dad the sites before we all leave for three days to Vermont. We walked through old town and came across several wonderful store windows. My favorite was the one below. We've been looking for something to put in our kitchen and had thought of Toulouse's Chat Noir poster, they had these tall cabinets with the the Chat Noir print on them- very chic! We decided to wait to enter the shop, since it was getting late. We are planning on going back later to check them out.


The next time you're window shopping -take a picture -show us what we're are all missing! Have you entered my contest yet, I am giving away a brand new April Cornell apron and mit set. Click HERE to enter - ends 10:00 PM Thursday night!

***EDITED TO ADD WINNER OF CONTEST: Congratulations to Rochelle for winning the April Cornell Apron Mit Set! Very cute blog, love the colors, and fun photos! I'll be emailing you for your address. Thanks again for everyone who leaves such wonderful and uplifting comments! I'll be heading out for a couple of days and will hopefully be back blogging this coming Monday.

9 comments:

Marie said...

I like window shoping only in mom-and-pop or querky stores. I'm not big on strolling past the windows at GAP. The ones you posted would have kept me very happy though.

Have a great day!

jenny said...

We don't have windows like that here. Your town looks so cute and quaint. I never thought about taking photos. Good idea. I may have to try it.

Barb said...

So the supermarkets are awful in Quebec, but the shop windows are amazing! Good idea to take a picture. I think there are stores like that in Calgary, just not out here in suburbia.

Holly said...

Pretty Canadian eye candy!! Lovely, lovely windows--I like to do that too, though we don't have anything nearly that interesting.

Lauralee said...

lucky rochelle! how fun!
love the window pictures.. how fun to shop in a town like that!
have a great trip!

Amanda :-) said...

Eeek! You must be constantly packing and unpacking the way you flit about! Have a lovely time in Vermont.

Shop window displays are sometimes complete works of art.

The Chat Noir image is great. I love bold, graphic images like that. I once bagged a free theatre poster of an Ibsen play when I was a student. The play finished, so I went to the theatre office and asked if I could have one of the posters from the display cabinet. They were only too happy - and it was HUUUUUUGE!

michelle said...

I love shopping, window shopping, all kinds of shopping! :) How did I miss your contest! I LOVE April Cornell! We have a shop in Scottsdale that I love to visit. The fabric is my favorite!

donna said...

Window shopping is so fun. I did a lot of window shopping with my mother. Have a great
Sunday.

Natasha said...

Neat photo idea. I will have to take some pics next time I'm window shopping in N.O. I just read your adventure post too - I am with you on the cooler! When my brother visited recently he teased me about packing food and drinks for every outing, but by mid-day he sure was glad I did!