Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Leaf Thief.


The leaf thief is my daughter Nini. She is determined to carry all the leaves that have fallen to the ground through our neighborhood to our house. She is so cute. The first time she did this was the sweetest picture moment, but alas I didn't have my camera with me. I made sure to bring it the next good day to capture this cute little thing she likes to do.


My favorite thing to do in the fall is to walk through leaves. The girls are following after their mum! The city has huge sucking machines that go around every so often and scoops all the leaves from the neighborhoods and takes them - to where? I don't know, all I know is they are gone!
Cici, we are thankful, does not have pneumonia, but bronchitis. Which they are treating the same as pneumonia. I have to give her puffs of medicine through this puffer machine for two weeks, plus she's on some high dose anti-biotic. I was really impressed at the help I received from our family doctor. I will have to chalk up a point for good health care in Quebec, so far, it hasn't changed my mind about good health care in Montreal, but it helps!



We spent Monday night carving pumpkins, only to have our neighborhood squirrels helping themselves to our labors. They got a hold of the one in the middle and the Ichabod, headless horseman and put their little squirrel teeth into them. I guess the ghost was too scary for them!

I also got the thank you cards for the girl's birthday's printed out. I used the white printable stickers, took a picture of the girls with the gift their friend gave them. It was a lot of fun, and thanks to Jill - a really great idea! Thanks!


I've spent a lot of time organizing my craft and sewing space. This little wine room is a great place to sort and store craft items. I purchased the tin bins from Ikea and hung them up with a cute piece of ribbon. I also purchased a small desk on casters to roll in and out of the closet/room - actually I'm calling it my "craft fort", when I need to sew or work on a project. It's a great idea for a small, very small space! I show you more later this month!




This video is from a huge down pour this last Friday. Isn't this crazy? We were stuck with everybody else on the city freeway's. It took an hour just to go to Toys R US to get some birthday gifts for the girl's friend. It was really coming down. But what would fall be, without a good down pour?

For the next couple of days we will not be able to get online. We will be at Acorn Cottage this Friday, coming back Sunday or Monday. It all depends on when we need to be at the doctor's for the IUI. We hope to be back Sunday, because we leave Monday night for Utah and my brother's wedding. If it's on Monday we'll have an early morning appointment, drive for two hours, repack quickly, take a taxi to the airport, and then get in really really late into SLC.

This is what's planned for next week:

Fly to Utah
Blogger Luncheon
Meet sister-in-law's family
Halloween in Draper with friends and trick or treating
Shopping with my sister who comes Thursday for the wedding.
Rehearsal dinner Thursday night.
Wedding Friday and the rest of the time is up in the air!

Thanks for all your comments about Cici and for helping me with your lovely comments, goodmail, and good hearts! Seeing some of you soon!

25 comments:

donna said...

OH what great pictures. Michelle i so love reading your blog. It always puts a smile on my face.

You have such a cute family. You always have so much fun with each other.


Have fun in Utah.
A blog luncheon. Oh i wish i could be there.

Holly said...

I love the pictures of your girls walking(and scooping) through the leaves. I love the crunchy sounds of walking through them.

Good work with your craft nook! Give yourself a pat on the back. What fun--a Blog Luncheon. Have a great escape to the cottage--and good luck with the upcoming treatment! :)

Marie said...

first of all, I love what you have done to the wine cellar. Perfect use of shelves. I'm also very happy to hear pneumonia is not living in your home. Phewf!

Looks like you have a busy week coming up. Have a great time! Don't forget the pic of you in the bridesmaid dress! MUST!

Nicole said...

Your so organized. I love your craft area. That is my shortcoming. Not much space and can you believe our house didn't have any linen closets when we moved in??

Laura said...

Come trick or treating at our house. We'd love to see you!

Amanda :-) said...

Lovely post! I hope you have a good few days.

Love the title: The Leaf Thief. That would be brilliant for a children's story, Michelle!

Michelle Lindsay said...

Amanda - yes, you're right, that would be a fabulous name for a story. My story telling mind is spinning!

Wendi - The luncheon is hosted by Melinda on my sidebar. It should be a lot of fun. Where are you in the Salt Lake area? Email me at candmalley@juno.com! Love to hear from you :)

Michelle

michelle said...

It sounds like you are going to be busy! Have fun at your cabin! I am headed to the same place tomorrow. Well, kind of...our cabin. :) I am looking forward to the down time.

Utah sounds like it is going to be a fun time! How fun, to meet u with fellow bloggers. Have a fun time, and we'll see you when you return!

Rachel Bagley Wurtz said...

Nice photog skills with those leaf pictures! Too scrumptious! I'm with Donna, your blog always makes me smile. I ran into Melinda today and she told me about the luncheon! I am so excited to finally meet you! Good luck this weekend and hope you make it here to Utah smoothly and safely! :)

jenny said...

Those leaf photos are gorgeous. And how cool to have them to play in. I will be thinking of you at the doctor. Have a fabulous time on your trip--sounds like a blast!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Excellent photos, my favs are the leaf thief ones! Cute cute kids! :-) Lovin your craftfort! Drive and fly safely this weekend. Will be thinking of you and your apponitment -- happy thoughts. Have fun in UT at the wedding, T&Ting and the bloger lunch -- how cool is that?!

Marie said...

Oh- also, your jack-o-lanturns are amazing!

Lauralee said...

oh your trip sounds like so much fun.. have fun and take care!

Barb said...

Fav photo in this post: walking in the leaves at the side of the road - such a great angle on this picture! Have fun in Utah!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Hey I wanted you to know that I tagged you! the rules are: link back to me, tell 7 random things about yourself, tag 7 others and then go tell em they were tagged and don't forget the rules! Have a wonderful weekend and all.

crystal said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE the photo of your girls running through the leaves in the street. And also the jack o'lantern photo; you are so GOOD with a camera!

I'm relieved to hear it's not (quite) pneumonia.

The leaf thief is so funny! Funniest thing i've heard in a long time. What a precious little story of her childhood! You'll love that you documented that little tidbit.

Good luck in your travels next week & be SAFE :)

carlo said...

oh so much i have missed being caught up in my home improvement madness...

let;s see-- adorable pics. leaf thief is so precious.

love the craft fort- brillant.

so glad cici is getting better? Sorry to hear she was under the weather!

have a fab time at acorn cottage. lovely thoughts when i think of you there!

bloggers lunch? dang, i must get to utah!!!!!

Mandy said...

your pictures are so cute! The pumpkins turned out great.

Syd said...

You have such a great blog Michelle. I need your phone #, I've been wanting to call you about your IUI journey. We did a couple of those ourselves. My heart goes out to you and your family is in my thoughts and prayers (even if I haven't had the strenght lately to keep up with blogs). You are such an amazing and inspiring woman. Have a great time in Utah!! Wish we were there so we could visit. Only a couple of years to go...sigh!!

Scribbit said...

Hope your trip is great--

When I lived in Provo I would always pick up acorns--they're such a novelty to me and I'd never seen them before so I couldn't help picking them up here and there :)

Natasha said...

Love the pumpkins and the way you organized your craft room. Clever!

Elizabeth said...

WHat lovely Fall pictures. Have a great time on your trip!

SHERI said...

Great pumpkins- that is always a fun tradition. hope you enjoy your trip to the cottage

Claudissima said...

i'm with crystal...so cute, something about running through leafs....fall....have fun and a marvelous trip.

carlo said...

meant to tell you- i sprinkled chili pepper powder on the parts of our pumpkins that the little beasts started munching on. it worked a bit but they must like spice b/c they still dug into them!