Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sunday, Sunday!

Isn't this a really cool picture! Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day here, really it was perfect weather wise - 70 degrees, nice breeze, and very sunny. After church we decided to have a date with the girls. Nini and Craig spent sometime outside raking leaves and Cici and went to deliver some Halloween treats together. We got to walk to our destination in beautiful weather.

We took a little self-portrait picture before we headed out and the picture above is a little tradition the girls and I do whenever we pass through the park. When they were younger I would help them, but now they can do it all on their own. Remember the scene in a Sound of Music, when the couple is singing the song You are 16 going on 17 and they are jumping across the benches? - That's it - check her out - we even sing the song!


When we got home, the leaf pile that Craig and Nini raked together was waiting for the girls to jump in. I still can't get over how beautiful it was this day. Great memories!

Today, I'm taking Cici to get an x-ray, she might have pneumonia. She went to school fine, but when she came home she was breathing 35 breaths a minute, instead of the normal 16-20. I managed to find the only doctor the girls have seen up here and she actually went back to her office to see her. I was very impressed. Anyway, I'm off and hope everyone is having a great day!

11 comments:

Lauralee said...

oh what a fun day.. great memories..and great pictures.. it has been nice weather here too.. love it!

Wendi said...

Love the leaf picture--very cool!

I also love all the shadowns on your self-portrait. Beautiful.

I hope your daughter doesn't have pneumonia!

The hills are alive with the sound of music!

donna said...

Wow! I hope Cici is ok. Keep us updated.

LOve all the pictures :)

Marie said...

Now here are some happy pictures! I love them. They ooze happiness.

And that scene from Sound of Music is my favourite. When I was little I promised myself that when I was 16 I'd have a boyfriend who was 17 so we'd be like that couple.

crystal said...

I so love your Sound of Music tradition! Do you like that movie? I LOVE IT.

HOW, HOW, HOW do you always take such pretty self portraits??? I've tried to do SPT a few times and hate my SP's so bad I give up. Blech. You look really good in all of yours!

Hope Cici doesn't have pneumonia; Max had it this last Feb & it SUCKS. At least it's now a death sentence, like it used to be.

I love your girls' names, by the way. (that's coming from a mom of Mimi...)

Mandy said...

Your park pictures are beautiful! I hope Cici is ok.

jenny said...

That is a very cool photo. I hope sweet Cici feels better. Having a child that has asthma breathing problems are SUPER scary.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

The is an awesome picture. The others are also great. What a fun afternoon. How's Cici doing?

Jill said...

I love gorgeous fall days like this, we've been having them all this week and it's joyous! I really should be spending more time outside.

I hope Cici is okay, pneumonia is scary.

SHERI said...

I love that you actually enjoy a Fall- with the colorful leaves and nice weather! it is still too hot here. We get excited if it gets in the 80's!

Barb said...

I love that you sing the song when you jump from bench to bench!