Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mending, Paper Dolls, and Vacation!


Paper Dolls

I am grateful and happy to announce that I am finally on the mend! I am so appreciative of "good health" now, that I am almost bounding through the house doing my chores. I'm not bounding too much though, because I don't want overdue it. This weekend I refused to do anything at all, cancelling all previous engagements and skipped church.
The new healthy me!
I laid around all day and slept for a lot of it, by Sunday evening my migraine had subsided with the help of a regime of Ibuprofen every four hours. Monday my sore throat came back and Tuesday I went to the doctor and she announced that it was one of the reddest she had ever seen. She sent a culture out and prescribed antibiotics for the next 10 days. Anyway, this is the first day in weeks that I've felt like myself. Yeah for me!


My house order is getting back on track, it's amazing what one day of good health can do to a messy home! The worst part about it was the dust that had accumulated on our hard wood floors, mainly under the beds. I have been busy packing for our trip and are really excited to be leaving very soon. This is my last post before setting off, there's no way I can blog and get ready - it would be crazy and frantic! Before we leave for a trip I spent at least a week picking out my wardrobe. There is nothing worse than realizing when you get to your destination that nothing in your suitcase is going to work! Am I the only one?
I also spent time picking up little toys and coloring items for the girls, things they can do while on the plane and while we are waiting.
And I always have on hand some baby wipes and a couple good books to read for me too. The book I've been dying to read is the The Monsters of Templeton. I don't like to preview books online, I like a good mystery, something I can determine whether I like or not - so we'll see if this is any good. At least the cover is pretty cool! I also am starting to read books that might help me transition into the older girl stage - any suggestions?

Paper dolls ready for our trip.
I found these paper dolls at our dollar store. There were six sheets of dolls and outfits which I had to cut out. I got four pages done before realizing I just didn't have time for the rest. each doll comes also comes with a paper stuffed animal which you can also dress up, a name, and a little story that goes with it. I thought it would be fun to put in the girl's bag.

Thank you so much for your kind words about my health and about the song. I am very lucky girl to have so many friends out there! Take care and I will be on your blogs by tonight to see how you are.

btw - I realized a mistake in my Valentine post about the wonderful blogging friends on my sidebar - I missed Carlo! I am so sorry so without further ado, this is why I have Carlo on my sidebar: Witty, caring, creative, heartfelt posts, and truthful.

Thanks for everything! And thank goodness Spell check is back and working!

19 comments:

Chrissy, said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and have some fun things to look forward too. Cute paper dolls. Enjoy your trip!

crystal said...

Bon voyage! I assemble backpacks, too, and they're a lifesaver!!! You're going to have so much fun :)

Once again, I loved your valentine post. So thoughtful & unexpected. I had to scroll down and read your valentine post once again.

Glad you're feeling better & on the mend.

Jennfer said...

So glad you're better sis. Have a great trip. Hopefully you can see Mique and Mickey!

carlo said...

oh michelle, you are too sweet. thank you so much for the kind words.

i am SO happy you are feeling better. i spent much of december sick and it wasn't fun.

hope the antibiotics kick in and you are well from here on...

have a great trip! it is always so much fun to read your posts once you return. you do so much!

linda said...

I am so glad that you are on the mend. I know we have only communicated a couple of times but I truly was worried about you and have thought of you often.

It's wonderful that you are feeling better and just in time for your vacation...have a great great time.

You were so smart to get the backpacks full of goodies for the girls. They will enjoy it so much.
Take care.

Cristin said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better...Have a wonderful trip!

Amie said...

Have a great trip! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better... finally.

I wouldn't call my clothes a wardrobe at all... your vacation planning sounds very fun to me.

Melinda said...

I am so glad that you are feeling so much better! What a great feeling.

I hope you have a fun time on your trip. All of your busy things look so fun.

Marie said...

Those are seriously the sweetest paper dolls I've ever seen. You have such a great dollar store. First the cupcake boxes, now this!

I was so glad to hear you are on the mend. I can't believe you had to function on headache mode for so long.

Have a great holiday! We will be looking for pictures!

Barb said...

Hello cutie-pie! Seriously, your hair is in the perfect state of blondness and that striped shirt is to die for.
I've bought those very paper dolls, but I haven't done as much cutting as you! Have a wonderful trip.

Natasha said...

I love old fashioned paperdolls! You are so smart to think ahead and have activities ready.

Megan said...

Wow! I finally just got caught up on your blog. You were sick! I'm so sorry. glad you are feeling better. You're fun ideas & crafts are so adorable. So fun to see your girls too and how grown up they are. The ballet picture was precious. I'm dying to hear your piano composition! I couldn't access it. Hope all is well & take care!
Megan :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Glad that you finally got that headache kicked! The paper dolls are so cool! Hope the girls enjoy them. Have a wonderful time on vacation!

Mandi said...

Hey Michelle
Hope you have a wonderful trip - as for your request for reading material in relation to "older girls" OH MY, I dont think there is anything written that will prepare you for the "teen" years. I think I have been really lucky with my two eldest (17 & 14), and in my group of friends my girls are pretty much the oldest, but I do have one girlfriend who has an older daughter - the converstations I have had with her have been so valuable. Its hard to know sometimes which way to go because things are so different from when we were in our teens. Just know that the more you know about their friends the better - the more time they all spend "hanging out" at your place the better because then you always know whats going on. I just wanted to say I am only an email away if you every need to talk something through!!!
Luv - Mandi.....xxx

Mandi said...

P.s. - thanks for adding me to your sidbar - Your the first person I know who has done that!!! I feel special x x x x M..x

jenny said...

What a blessing to feel better before your trip. Yay! I hope you guys are having a great time. And those paper dolls are a fabulous idea!

Jill said...

What a blessing that you're feeling better and able to do normal-life things without feeling completely wasted. I always feel super pumped up after recovering from a migraine, the contrast is so extreme.

michelle said...

I am so glad your feeling better! I hope that your having a wondeful time on your vacation! It looks like you packed some really cute things! Those paper dolls are darling! :)

Amanda :-) said...

I'm very behind with my blogging, and am glad to see that you've been prescribed something. It sounds terrible, the way you were. I'm relieved you're feeling your vim returning.

I hope your holiday's going well too.

Had to pop over to simply say that I'm very distracted from my blog because of Craig!! I'm deeply in immersed in the work for our church supporting our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. It was Craig that suggested it, remember? He unleashed a monster! But a good one. Like the BFG!