Thursday, February 2, 2012

Love At Home Valentine Countdown.

Love at Home Countdown "home"

There is beauty all around when there's love at home.  This song is one of my absolute favorite church hymns.  When sung, it creates such a feeling of love, it's hard to ignore it's message (link here).  Inspired by Cristin @ Serendipity's "count your many blessings' house (link here), I put together this little house by converting a birdhouse into a representation of our home.  I have a few more things to do to it, but I'm not sure I'll get there before next Valentine's Day!  Eventually, I will have a hook at the top of the roof's peak where we can hang our Love At Home countdown.

Countdown felt envelopes.
Each day, a red felt envelope will be pulled out of our little Valentine mailbox.  In each envelope are words to the song There is beauty all around, when there's love at home.  I separated the three verse texts into phrases and put them on printable tags.  The idea is that we'll read the tag and talk about it's message and why it's important to our family.  I hope to make this a joyful experience for our family!  
fireplace mantle "Love at Home"
I purposefully made only 10 tags and didn't number any of them.  Sometimes life gets busy and I always hate getting to a countdown, two or three days late!  This way there is room for error and no room for trying to catch-up!  The printables will place easily into your Word document and fit easily on two pieces of paper.  Click the image below, right click, and push save as.   The file should be a high resolution jpg image.  Let me know if you have trouble and I can send you the individual image.  My email is shecalledme@gmail.com.

printable #2
Printable #1


Do you have a valentine countdown?
Have you heard There is beauty all around?

2 comments:

donna said...

ok, you need your craft show.. Very cute.

Serendipity said...

I love your little house...and the printables are perfect!