Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Craig!

Birthday smiles for daddy!



Craig turned 37 today! It was a bit rushed throwing his little party together because of my drive to Vermont today and picking up one of our dogs from the vet. We are used to combining all of the September birthday, which would be everyone accept me, into a week of fun and vacation. That didn't quite pan out this time, but we tried to make it a party! Craig is a huge, huge fan of the Cosco flat sheet cake, so I picked one up yesterday and hid it in our laundry room - they are not exactly easy to hide!

The girls had fun helping me wrap Craig's present that I had put off wrapping, and put together some the gifts his mom and my parents sent. The girls also drew him a picture.



I should of recorded this, it was so hilarious. They were holding hands singing happy birthday to Craig. I couldn't get a clear picture of them because they were being so silly.

My full-time rving parents sent from their recent trip to Hershey Pennsylvania a chocolate card. It's a lot of chocolate! The crazy thing is they sent one for Cici and Nini too! Yikes, what am I going to do with all this chocolate!



So here is Craig opening his "big" gift. I am not good at planning birthdays, so with me being sick last week - as you might have guessed, I was short a gift for him as of yesterday. He's not really good about giving hints accept for the gift he opened in this little video. I really lucked out in finding it, it's supposed to be a special order - at least the first season is. Anyone else have husband's who like this show? Or maybe you!
For those who want to stick around for the rest of the post, here are 37 things I love about Craig and things you might not know about him!



37 Things About Craig

  1. His favorite TV series has to be Magnum PI.
  2. He has dimples.
  3. He's very silly and loves to tell jokes.
  4. He wheezes and tears when he is really laughing.
  5. He has thousands of what he calls "useless facts" about the world and current events he brings into almost every conversation he has.
  6. He has a hilarious 5 maxims of fine dining, which, btw, he truly believes in: 1. No water born creatures. 2. No vital organs (unless it's in the form of a sausage) 3. Garlic Good 4. Bacon Good. 5. Salad isn't food - Salad is what food eats. I promise I didn't make this up - this is word for word!
  7. He always brings chocolate back for me from his trips to Europe.
  8. When he eats cereal, he has a slight humming noise that comes out of his mouth when he's chewing. It's pretty funny!
  9. He can recall almost every 80's genre rock band and all their songs.
  10. He loves history and almost went into a teaching career until my dad had a man to man talk about the salaries of teachers vs. let's say a business career.
  11. His favorite history subject is the first and second world wars.
  12. I keep telling him he needs to go on Jeopardy, but he always refuses.
  13. He loves, loves, loves the 10,000 Maniacs and took me to many of their concerts, even when Natalie Merchant split from the band.
  14. He knows I'm always right!



  15. He always has a fake smile when he takes photos - I like to try to catch him off guard to get the really Craig - because he hates to have them taken.
  16. He often calls himself "homeslice"!
  17. He doesn't like chocolate chip cookies.


  18. He grew up in a very rural town in Oregon, the kind of rural town that can have a slight "farm" accent. Whenever we visit his home or he starts talking to family, his little "farm" accent starts creeping back.



  19. He always kisses the girl's boo boos!
  20. He's been to the White House.
  21. He uses his dad's motto that "pain builds character".
  22. He lost his father a year after we were married, and because of this, protects his time with his family.


  23. He never gets angry.
  24. He speaks Vietnamese and French, a bit of German and can pick up languages really easily.
  25. He types with two fingers.



  26. He plays the guitar.
  27. Time after time by Cyndi Lauper is one of the few things he can play on the piano.
  28. Until two months ago, Craig had won every game of Boggle we had ever played. We usually play five rounds and add the scores. I was a bit dramatic on this win!
  29. He loves triple A baseball and always gets a hat from whatever "home team's" city we happen to be living in.
  30. He likes my hair any color any length!
  31. Even if only once, he'll watch chick flicks with me and has admitted several times that he was wrong about originally refusing to see it (although he still refuses to watch any rendition of Jane Eyre with me!
  32. The Simpsons are up their with his favorite shows, others included, NCIS and The Unit.
  33. He laughs at my jokes - which really and honestly aren't very good.
  34. Steven Ambrose is one of his favorite authors.


  35. He never yells at the girls -something I should try.
  36. He never tells me what he wants for his birthday or Christmas.
  37. He's patient, when I'm not -and I'm patient when he's not -we make a good team!

Happy Birthday Craig!

15 comments:

Jennfer said...

Happy Birthday Craig
love, wjawcandz

Rachel Bagley Wurtz said...

What a great list! You have an amazing man! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! When is Craig going to grow himslef a Magnum P.I. stach???

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Happy happy bday Craig-
he must be pretty cool if he got a sassy (meant in the best way of course) girl like you!

Carolee said...

Sounds like you have a great husband!! I am laughing at his love for Magnum PI. Magnum PI and Murder She Wrote are 2 of my guilty pleasures.

Justin said...

You forgot to mention his aversion to raw flour. That has always cracked me up.

Wendi said...

Happy birthday! What a great post. You're such a good blogger!

donna said...

Happy B-day craig!
What a great post about your hubby :)

Michelle Lindsay said...

Justin - So true, totally forgot about that one, I'll have to add that when he turns 38!

Justin said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask...who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies?! What's the matter with this guy?

Amanda :-) said...

I love, LoVe, LOVE his maxims of fine dining! What about his tie dance though? That's a corker.

Happy Birthday, Craig. 37 like me! What good company to have.

Michelle, I got your Good Mail today for my birthday! Fantastico!! Right now I have to wrap 2 presents and make 2 cards for a double-party Erin's at tomorrow, and then hope to post about your package. It was brilliant. Thank You!!!!

sista # 2 said...

Nice bday post! Sounds like a great dad & hubs to ya ;) Cute list -nice present to him. ciao

Jill said...

Magnum PI, that's hilarious! Are you excited to watch those episodes too? The fashion (aka short shorts) is going to be brutal.

Great list!

Laura said...

Great post! There was a movie from the 80s called Flamingo Kid with Matt Dillon (I think), anyway he hums when he chews too. You should check it out. And I'm with Justin...WHO doesn't like chocolate chip cookies! I also plan to ask Justin about the raw flour bit. Happy Birthday Craig!

Marie said...

I laughed out loud when I read, "Salad isn't food. It is what food eats." I laughed out loud again typing it.

#14 is very important,
and #17 is very disturbing.

Happy Birthday, Craig!

crystal said...

Oh, I can hear the Magnum music in my head right now as I type. I don't care about the outdated OP shorts...Magnum is just HOT, plain & simple! Craig is a cute daddy and you are a cute wife for posting all those things you love about him.